The first two rounds of March Madness are behind us, and what madness it was. There were OT thrillers, buzzer beaters, upsets and a lot of great basketball.
While your brackets may be in ruins, you can still enjoy some of the top plays and reactions from the first weekend of the 2014 NCAA Tournament
1. Looking to return to the Final Four for a second straight year, and keep their undefeated season alive, Wichita State’s Cleanthony Early, dunks over two Kentucky players.
2. This game went down to the final second as Wichita State needed one more basket to continue with their perfect season. Unfortunately for them, the shot was just a bit off, and Kentucky advanced to to Sweet 16,
3. This is a gorgeous no look pass by the UConn guard, leading to the easy basket as the Huskies slip past St. Joeseph’s 89-81
4. This is just sick, watch as Shabazz Napier makes a great crossover dribble to get into the lane, and then scoops and scores.
5. Arizona’s Aaron Gordon flies over 4 Gonzaga players to stuff back this miss, as they routed the Zags by nearly 20 points.
6. Thanks to this last second layup by Vee Sanford, Dayton was able to slip past the Ohio State Buckeyes, and they are now headed to their first Sweet 16 in many years
7. A great spin move by UNC guard J.P. Tokoto and he finishes with an uncontested dunk as the Tar Heels squeaked past Providence in the opening round.
8. The overall number 1 seed Florida Gators are cruising so far in the Tournament. Great Alley-oops like this one from Patric Young certainly don’t hurt
9. Defense also played a big part in Florida’s domination, here is Patric Young swatting away a layup attempt by Pittsburgh
10. Wolverine big man, Glenn Robinsonn III, makes a great backdoor cuts and get rewarded with an easy ‘oop as the Wolverine easily dispatched the Texas Longhorns
11. Here is something you don’t see every day. The ball gets stuck behind the backboard after a Wofford miss against Michigan in the opening round.
12. Who doesn’t get excited seeing Duke lose in the first round. Kevin Canevari, of the 14 seeded Mercer gets down, after a huge opening round upset of the number 3 Duke Blue Devils
13. New Mexico States big man Sim Bhullar is HUGE at 7″ 5 and weighing in at over 350 barley needs to jump as he dunks in a loss to San Diego State
14. Kansas started off the tourny on the right foot, with this alley-oop dunk by Superstar Andrew Wiggins over Eastern Kentucky
15. The cowbell player in the Stanford band is really enjoying his teams upset win over the Jayhawks
16. But for every enthusiastic cowbell player, there is a young fan on the other side that can’t believe his team lost
17. Great finish for the Longhorns in their round 1 match-up against Arizona State. The two teams played a tough game, with the difference being Cameron Ridley last second layup over a high flying ASU player
18. Tennessee’s Jordan McRae just takes off with a flying dunk over Umass
19. Harvard Guard, Wesley Saunder, did all he could, including this gorgeous scooping layup, to help push the Crimson to an upset victory over Cincinnati in the opening round.
20. Syracuse Guard, Tyler Ennis, goes spinning through lane, with a sweet finish as the Orange easily pushed past Western Michigan in the opening round.
21. There is nothing quite like the feeling of hitting a shot at the buzzer in the Tournament. This huge 3 pointer by New Mexico State pushed their game against San Diego State into OT.