March 12, 1989 was a big day in history- it was the day Sir Tim Berners-Lee made a proposal that would change the way the world works, a proposal to create something that we now know as the Internet. And since that day, exactly 25 years ago, we’ve gone through some painful, embarrassing, awesome, and totally revolutionary stages. Let’s recap:
1. Once upon a time, the Internet came along…
2. And nobody really knew what it was.
3. But then along came AOL.
4. And people began to learn the power of what they had.
6. You better believe it
7. And who didn’t love Tom?!
8. Or Chatroulette?!
9. Or cats?
10. Or another cat…
11. And another cat…
12. Or a cat on Tumblr…
13. And speaking of social media, are we overindulging?
14. Probably not, because the internet has also been behind some historic moments. Take the recent Egyptian Revolution for example
15. Or the widespread Occupy movements.
16. So all in all, it seems that the Internet was a pretty good invention. Because for every addict…
17. Or two
18. There is still something good out there for the rest of us… or at least a cat.